Wednesday, July 7, 2010

We MOVED!!!


Wow-- a lot has been going on since our last post in April. Josh and I closed on our new house on April 23, 2010. What an exciting and scary day! The house we purchased had a lot of work that needed to be done. (really things that we wanted to do) So we closed on our new house and Josh got straight to work. I actually left for almost a week for a conference in Atlanta, GA that I was scheduled to attend for work. Crazy timing but God's perfect timing.

For about a month and a half Josh and a bunch of our AMAZING friends and family members worked so HARD on the house to get it ready for us to move into. Josh did projects I think he only dreamed about doing, for example: sanding and staining our hardwood floors, enlarging a closest, drywall work, electrical work, and so much more!! Thanks to my wonderful parents, their continued patience with us allowing us the time to work on the house verses having to move out right away was such a huge help. Without their generosity we wouldn't have made it! Even Josh's parents were put to work while they were out on their vacation. They did so much in such a short period of time.... so much support!!

(Josh working on our closet)
(Our Den--- imagine brown shag carpet and wood paneling walls)

(Debbie/Josh's Mom working hard on transforming the Den)
(Don/Josh's Dad working on sanding the floors- in the babies room)

So, the second weekend of June we rented a U-haul, borrowed my brother-n-law's truck and our friends and loaded up and headed out to our new home. We had so many hands and backs helping us move..... it in fact was an emotional day and a reminder of God's love and grace. He has provided us with such true and loving friends and family members that will always leave an impact on our lives. We have been so blessed!

It has now been almost a month since we moved in and the boxes are still shoved in corners. But, we have done SO MUCH! Josh continues to work on projects daily and I am slowly figuring out where to put things as well as taking care of Payton who is becoming more and more active. I love the feel of this house..... it really is starting to feel like home. We have met several neighbors and are excited for new friendships. Saying goodbye to Tuckahoe has been hard as we continue to go there weekly to clean, etc. to get it ready for my parents, but seeing that we are surrounded by great people in our new home is SUCH a comfort.

I hope to post more pictures of our new home soon, but I am honestly waiting til I get things a little bit more under control. HA! Until then I post a few... :)

12 Wedgewood Drive North!
Our bedroom- work in progress!

New sofa in our new Den!!

Our Den!!

Babies room- currently Payton's room
My sister, Kim and her kiddos came to see the new place (before we moved in)

On another note, we have some more exciting news! Payton is going to be a big sister in December! Josh and I are expecting our second child December 19th!! I am in my 16th week and feeling good. We are very excited to welcome another baby into our lives... the timing of it all has been some what funny as poor Josh was unable to get a lot of help from me in the stress months of preparing and moving. Some may think I planned it that way, but it honestly was hard feeling helpless at times. Regardless, we have been blessed with another baby. We are praying for continued good health and can't wait to find out in a couple weeks for sure what we are having.... PINK or BLUE???

My handsome hubby on his Birthday! In our new kitchen!

Payton loves her new playroom/DEN! :)
Well I am off to try and clean and unpack..... our new adventure as begun!!

4 comments:

  1. Your Dad and I are very proud and pleased for so many reasons for you, precious ones! May God continue to bless you and your sweet family now living on Wedgewood North..... seeing God's confirmation in various and different ways .... as we journey through life changes... thank You Lord for your many gifts .... YOUR GRACE is more than we can comprehend. We are able to truly live and love one another because HE first loved us.... smooches to the Smith family...Mom and DAd Meadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's the pink room viv and I painted??!! look forward to seeing the finish product soon! p

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete